9/30/2013

Why to attend a JV conference?




Have you noticed that big tent? 

Last week I've spent in it together with more than 240 people quite a lot of time. This picture was taken from the hotel we've been staying at which means we had to climb that hill a few times a day. Tiring? Yes.

Every year Josiah Venture /JV holds a conference for "its" missionaries.
Reasons for attending are many. Allow me to list at least few of them: 

high quality -
good speakers -
 delicious desserts -
 networking -
 beautiful view out of my window -
 enriching conversations with people -
funny conversations with people -


As JV staff we are "scattered" around Europe, specifically in 13 countries. Our vision is the same; we want to see a movement of God among the youth of Central and Eastern Europe that finds its home in the local church and transforms society. But sometimes when you face a daily reality, you forgot that you are not alone.

And therefore it's great to come all together! To see the big picture. To experience other broken hearts for people in this region. It makes sense when a Slovak is concerned about Slovakia or an Estonian about Estonia. But what keeps me amazed is when these and other countries matter to people from the other side of the world /the USA/...and they are willing to come /single, married, whole families/ to live here!

I observe, I learn, I am humbled, their struggles help to overcome my struggles, and I catch the fire of their passion for Him. It helps me to realize that our Slovakia is just part of something bigger; it is part of the body of Christ.


So...why to attend a JV conference?


Because it's not about JV.

It is about the big God who "is still at his work" and he decided to use us as well. Thank be to Him for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment