5/09/2016

About imperfectly perfect Amálka!

When I've met her cca one year ago I had no clue that we will become friends :)
During this school year she decided to take part in iJourney - an yearlong program that focuses on one's personal development as well as development of ministry. Part of this package is an intership abroad. The reason is simple - to gain inspiration and to experience a different approach.

So, one lovely day Amálka got on a train in Ostrava and travelled faaaaar faaaar away....to Bratislava. I was waiting for her at the station (actually, she was the one who waited). Something during or first ride in public transport told me that there are 2 interesting months ahead of us. And they were!


Within those months she managed to live with a missionary family but also on her own. She regularly attended our Bratislava's Fusions rehearsals,  became a friend to us and led a dance workshop. She got to experience also our Slovak national ministry (The Conference of youth workers, The school of leaders, Exit tour) while helping with everything that was needed.

There is a lot I could mention .... but today I would like to focus only on these:
- Amálka has incredibly big and soft heart. So many people can fit in there! The way how she thinks about others is special! She constatly comes with new ideas of how she can get closer to people. If something doesn't work, she comes up with a new way/method.
- She is THE #hasthag# queen! Just check her FB or Instragram profile. Hontestly, I didn't know that one picture can have so many descriptions!
- I honor her openess and honesty and courage to share her faith in God with the whole world.
- She doesn't keep things only to herself. She always tries to pass things she's learned on to others.
- If you wanna make her day, just buy her something sweet (any kind of chocolate works). 

Amálka! In my Slovak ears her name sounds....so....fairy-tale-ish. And truly, there is a little bit of a fairy in her (don't let her deep and phlegmatic voice to fool you :-)).

My intention in writing this post is not in Amálka's glorification. She is not perfect.
BUT she allows perfect God to live in/through her and that, my friends, is worthy of noticing!


Amálka, I'm thankful for a new friend I've found in you. You are dear to my heart and I wanna be your cheerleader. I'm looking forward to following your story, because "the One who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ, is faithful." (1.Corinthians 1:9). In Him you'll make it through!

No comments:

Post a Comment